Adarsh Pandit is founder and Managing Partner of Cylinder Digital, a consulting firm helping organizations grow using human-centered design and software.
Trained as a scientist, Adarsh left academia after finishing a doctorate to join McKinsey & Co. in New York as a Management Consultant and Strategy Fellow.
After teaching himself to code and working as a developer apprentice, Adarsh left Management Consulting and worked his way up from junior developer to Managing Director for a well-regarded boutique software development company. As SF's office lead, Adarsh focused on sales, advising, hiring, in that order.
Since 2015, Adarsh has led distributed consulting teams with clients around the world for his own company, Cylinder Digital.
Some of the work includes:
- Code for America - helping residents in California and Michigan sign up for food stamps in 6 minutes instead of an hour. Case study here.
- IDEO - Working with IDEO's insurance, finance, and non-profit clients to guide the building of software products and prototypes, working hand-in-hand with IDEO designers.
- Able Health - A Healthcare metrics company where we helped with software development, management of large volumes of sensitive personal health data, hiring, and teambuilding.
- Dynamicare Health - DynamiCare Health is a technology platform that addresses substance use and rewards healthy behavior. We helped with development planning/processes and hiring.
- Dolby Labs - Strategy for internal web tool to manage licensing agreements and ensure compliance from electronics vendors.
Adarsh holds a Ph.D in Biophysics and Biochemistry from the University of
Chicago and a B.S. in Honors Biochemistry from the University of Michigan, none of which is directly helpful for his daily work nowadays.
To hear a longer podcast version of this story from 2014, click here.
January 2nd, 2020 | 1 hr 23 secs
growing families, irregular schedules, traveling with kids
In this episode we welcome two new panelist to Parent Driven Development, Chris Arcand and Adarsh Pandit! We learn a little bit about our new panelist and then dive into topics about irregular work schedules, the kids, traveling with the kids, and our teams growing families.
October 13th, 2019 | 50 mins 45 secs
parent coordination, patience, raising a family, work flexibility
Adarsh Pandit discusses what it’s like to raise a family, while living away from his parents and other family members. We dive into the importance of building a community with fellow families and how we can all help each other out.