Parent Driven Development
Episode 040 Pressure and Considerations Around Leaving a Job for Ethical Reasons.
- We discuss what it's like to work for a company that you may not agree with their ethics
- The difficult decisions and thoughts when you have a family and dependents counting on you
00:55 Examples of companies dealing with ethical controversy
- Companies working with ICE, kickstarter
- Ethical clients, customers, organizers, labor oriented - who’s responsible?
02:34 Technology, good or evil?
- Hyper aware of indications within our jobs and technology
- Being in the tech industry, able to create foundational tech communication - bonus
- US culture is more politically aware within the last few years
06:40 Being more involved
- Lessons of the past
- Minority identity
- What are we if we don’t participate
09:30 Support and encouragement to leave a job, things to consider
- Financial decisions play a huge role
- Putting family at financial risk
- Retirement benefits
16:44 Inflexible costs of leaving a job
- Extra childcare - nannies livelihood
- Donation makeup for moral indications
19:35 What can we do?
- Don’t public shame others
- Leaving a role is instant, but long term change takes time
- Use your voice for what you support
- Vote with your wallet
28:15 Genius / Fail moments
- Allison's son gets groovy with techno in the AM
- Adarsh’s son is back in the hospital from another day at the park..
- The monkey bars!
- Kids are being taught how to talk about their feelings #hugeWin
Follow & Support
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community.