Parent Driven Development
Episode 041 : COVID-19
In today's episode we discuss what everyone is talking about, COVID-19. Yes, we talk about it. We're talking about the new normal, full time remote work, childcare - or the lack there of, how to communicate the situation to our children, and what this means for our world moving forward. Tune in!
00:55 COVID-19 check in
- On a scale of freaking out vs totally chill… How many tweets are you reading?
- Self quarantine pre plan
- Chris has a dry run when his son catches the flu... *The actual flu.
05:40 The new normal
- Will grocery stores shut down?
- Limit social outings
- Sports, events, and all gatherings are being cancelled… more of an inconvenience
09:10 Tech has shut. it. down.
- Everyone is working for home, asap
- What’s the deal with other industries?
- If you can stay home, stay home
13:20 New policies
- What about goals?
- College kids subbing as the new neighborhood babysitters
- Privilege in steady jobs
- Preschools and schools - some open vs. some closed
24:10 What about the kids?
- Toddlers situation.. They need room to move, but also need to be hand-washed supervised
- Parenting milestones
27:55 Full time work from home
- Hermit life has become even more hermit-y
- Parenting switch offs
29:15 How to communicate covid-19 to our children
- One kid was shown a picture of the virus.. So now all the kids in preschool want to see a picture of the virus
- Middle school kids are informed with a bit more detail
- Those are the rules!
- No more toys at school
37:28 Genius // fail
- Chris blames the cats… but they were framed!! By his corgi
- Allison has a COVID-19 #fail
- KWu’s strategy is to switch over to online purchases when possible.. Minimal contact #genius
Follow & Support
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community.