About this Episode
Parent Driven Development
Episode 045: Miriam Tocino - Zerus and Ona
01:56 Welcome Miriam!
Zerus & Ona were born from Miriam's own circumstances as a mom. By the time she had her baby, Miriam was the coordinator and teacher of a Development Bootcamp in Amsterdam. So, when the time came to go back to work (her son was 3 months old), she jumped back. After some weeks in the job, Miriam realised she couldn't do it. She was constantly sleep deprived and with no help around from family (we're expats). Miriam quit her job and stayed at home with her baby. She then started to use his naps to draw and write Zerus & Ona.
**FREE PDF from Zerus and Ona on the ABCs of Computers
03:29 Orgins of Zerus and Ona
- Miriam was leading tech bootcamps, then got pregnant
- Her baby was more work than expected ;)
- Miriam returns to work, but quit after a few weeks after returning
- Sleep deprived evenings inspired new ideas!
08:40 Finding more intention as a new mom
- Thriving through a creative outlet
- Craving more information for her child in the future, specifically around TECH
- Motherhood and creativity are interconnected
- 2 year journey to build Zerus and Ona
15:05 Switching from architecture to tech to creative children’s books
- Binge learning and career switching
- No regrets
19:05 Zerus and Ona “bits”
- Breaking down complex topics to make them easily understandable
- Miriam switches from thinking with her head, to listening with her heart.
- Unlocking creativity through The Artist's Way
- Intuitive writing, journaling and play!
28:15 Zerus and Ona 2.0
- Evolution of creating the books
- If you’re thinking of making a move, do it!
- Learning to move on from perfectionism
32:20 Genius / Fail moments
- Miriam allows her son a device while she finishes a project (unheard of in her house), only to discover all her original drawings of Zerus and Ona are GONE afterwards. #fail
- Allison’s son acts out more than usual during a super busy week for the family and realizes that maybe their communication could have been clearer with him from the start #fail
- Chris commits to structuring a new art piece with his daughter by watching YouTube videos. He ends up paying someone else, but instills a solid mindset in his daughter during the process #genius
Follow & Support
Please follow us @parentdrivendev on Twitter or email us at email@example.com.
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community.
Get your own copy of Zerus and Ona
*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Preschool Box
Hey parents, whether you are going back to school or learning from home, the Preschool Box is here to help!
The Preschool Box is all about helping children unlock their potential by making learning FUN!
Each month, The Preschool Box will send you a box packed full of engaging and educational activities with a focus on reading and math skills that will prepare your little one for success in school. It’s AMAZING!
These monthly “work at your own pace” activities encourage learning, reading, and creativity in kiddos ages 3-6 and each box has an array of hands on activities, crafts, and worksheets -- which you can structure to match your child’s pace and level of development!
And the best part is that every box has a set of focus skills so each month you get new and exciting material to work on!
The work you do at home NOW with your kids is SO important for their future!
Let The Preschool Box help you and your child have fun learning together!
Head over right now to:
and use code "PARENTDRIVEN" to get $5 off your first preschool box!