Parent Driven Development
Episode 043: Recipe Swap
02:04 Feeding kids is a full time job
- What are your meal time rules?
- Home delivery meal service
- Personal chef for the kids?? No…
- Meal time is meal time, and if the kids don’t eat, tough nuggets.
08:59 Dinner table time
- Phone vs no phone?
- Are you a fast eater or slow eater?
- Time to share conversations with the family
- Limiting or monitoring the amount of food for kids, do you do this? Sometimes the doctors have given us parents too much to mull over...
13:12 Food as restriction or reward?
- Dessert time - it’s a thing that is to be enjoyed
- Keto desserts… YUM Quest cookie obsessed
- Keto cake
- Chocolate chip cookies
19:25 Cook at home vs. ordering out
- Meal prepping during the weekend to prepare for the week. This makes it quicker and easier. Less work too ;)
- No meat preschools - managing meals around kids school food programs.
- Therapeutic time in the kitchen
- Leftovers are best and easiest!
- Ever hear of module dinner architecture? KWu and her family utilize this magic.
- Meal deliveries for the win - Home Chef, Green Chef, Nurture Life
- Keto 101: Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss, with 100+ Easy Low-Carb Recipes
- Kosher household
27:05 Household hacks
- Breakfast for dinner on Friday nights. What’s your favorite??
- Kids Eat in Color - tips on how to present food to your kids
- Secrets of Feeding a Healthy Family: How to Eat, How to Raise Good Eaters, How to Cook, by Ellyn Satter
- Smitten Kitchen
- Maximizing on slow cookers // insta pots - our favorites :)
- Cook’s Illustrated - for stews, slow cookers, and more!
- Parenting trade off - you can choose cooking or the kids
40:18 Making the kitchen as your sanctuary
- Football season - perfectly steamed shrimp and cheese boards for the win
- Dinner time is a celebration!
- Bringing coding into meal prepping ;)
- How to manage the recipe system. Hands-free Vertical Recipe Flipper OR Classic Juvale Wood Recipe Organization Box
45:40 Genius / Fail moments
- Mandy has an awesome win when she hears her daughter is totally comfortable with her, including asking her sex-ed questions. You too for older girls #genius
- Allison’s son chose to wear a bowtie for picture day and it turned out way better than expected! #genius
- KWu bakes it up with her toddler that he helped make! #genius and delicious muffins for the win.
Follow & Support
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community.
*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Parents everywhere are going through so much stress and uncertainty right now. It’s hard to find sources of relief nowadays. This is why we are Parent Driven Development love Nurture Life.
Nurture Life provides nutritious, ready-to-eat meals for babies starting at 10 months old, toddlers, kids, and teens, delivered fresh right to your door. Meals are designed to meet the nutrient and portion needs for each age group, and are developed by Nurture Life’s registered dietitians and chefs.
Meals are focused on organic produce, antibiotic- and hormone-free proteins and whole grains, and offer a FULL serving of veggies in every meal. Nurture Life has recently launched new and exciting meals, such as the Chicken, sweet potato, & waffle finger food for babies and the Butter Chicken with Peas, Rice, & Mini Naan for toddlers, kids, & Teens. In addition to these new offerings, there will also be additional meals that will be available on the menu for a limited time period to continue to provide innovative, flavorful and unique meals options for families.
Nurture Life easy subscription model allows you to sign up for weekly deliveries, skip weeks, or pause your subscription whenever you want. You can build your own box to select the right mix of meals for your family by age group, dietary restrictions, and allergies.
Get the best meals for your kids and family delivered right to your door—available for every zip code across the contiguous United States. Get 30% off your first TWO Nurture Life orders with code PARENTDRIVEN30.
Visit nurturelife.com to redeem and find a moment of relief when it comes to meal time.