Parent Driven Development
Sponsored by: Nurture Life
Episode 043: Recipe Swap
02:04 Feeding kids is a full time job
- What are your meal time rules?
- Home delivery meal service
- Personal chef for the kids?? No…
- Meal time is meal time, and if the kids don’t eat, tough nuggets.
08:59 Dinner table time
- Phone vs no phone?
- Are you a fast eater or slow eater?
- Time to share conversations with the family
- Limiting or monitoring the amount of food for kids, do you do this? Sometimes the doctors have given us parents too much to mull over...
13:12 Food as restriction or reward?
- Dessert time - it’s a thing that is to be enjoyed
- Keto desserts… YUM
- Keto cake
- Chocolate chip cookies
19:25 Cook at home vs. ordering out
- Meal prepping during the weekend to prepare for the week. This makes it quicker and easier. Less work too ;)
- No meat preschools - managing meals around kids school food programs.
- Therapeutic time in the kitchen
- Leftovers are best and easiest!
- Ever hear of module dinner architecture? KWu and her family utilize this magic.
- Meal deliveries for the win - Home Chef, Green Chef, Nurture Life
- Keto household
- Kosher household
27:05 Household hacks
- Breakfast for dinner on Friday nights. What’s your favorite??
- Kids Eat in Color - tips on how to present food to your kids
- Parents determine when and what to eat, kids decide on how much - Ellyn Satter, Division of Responsibility
- Smitten Kitchen
- Maximizing on slow cookers and insta pots
- Cook’s Illustrated - for stews, slow cookers, and more!
- What is Mirepoix?
- Parenting trade off - you can choose cooking or the kids
40:18 Making the kitchen as your sanctuary
- Football season - perfectly steamed shrimp and cheese boards for the win
- Dinner time is a celebration!
- Bringing coding into meal prepping ;)
- How to manage the recipe system. What are your tips?!
45:40 Genius / Fail moments
- Mandy has an awesome win when she hears her daughter is totally comfortable with her, including asking her sex-ed questions. You too for older girls #genius
- Allison’s son chose to wear a bowtie for picture day and it turned out way better than expected! #genius
- KWu bakes it up with her toddler that he helped make! #genius and delicious muffins for the win.
Follow & Support
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community.
The kids are home, you’re at home, and everybody has to eat.
Nurture Life provides nutritious, ready-to-eat meals for the whole family delivered fresh right to your door each week. Meals are portioned by age and designed specifically to meet the nutrient-needs of your child, so everyone from your 10 month old to your 18 year old can continue to eat well and stay healthy as we stay inside.
With a focus on organic veggies, lean antibiotic- and hormone-free proteins and whole grains, Nurture Life meals offer balanced nutrition that kids actually like. From Mac & Cheese with Cauliflower to Teriyaki Salmon with Rainbow Veggie Rice, each meal sets a new standard for what kids food should be.
Nurture Life just launched the option for a one-time purchase, which allows you to purchase a box without signing up for a subscription. A great option to send a box to a loved one and spare them a trip to the grocery store! You can also sign up for weekly deliveries that start at just $39, and build your own box to select the right mix of meals for your family. Skip weeks or cancel anytime to fit your ever changing needs and schedule.
Get the best meals for your kids and family delivered right to your door—available for every zip code across the contiguous United States. Take 25% off your first Nurture Life order with code PARENTDRIVEN. Visit nurturelife.com to learn more.