Parent Driven Development
Episode 016: Media Picks! Great Apps, Books, Shows, Etc. For Kids
01:15 T.V. Shows / Binge Watching Discussion
- The Good Place (Josh)
Avoid "Kids" Music!!
- A great bluffing game is Sheriff of Nottingham (Chris)
- Go Fish (Allison)
- Chutes and Ladders (Allison)
- Fish Stix (Allison)
- How to make Candy Land tolerable (even fun) (Josh)
- What Are the Odds? Chutes and Ladders (Josh)
- BoardGameGeek (Josh)
- Survive: Escape from Atlantis (Chris)
- Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle (Josh)
- PBS Kids App (Allison)
20:08 T.V. Shows (Cont'd)
- Phineas and Ferb (Chris)
21:05 Asking Alexa
- She tells stories!
- She's got jokes!
- She'll play music!
- She can even add toilet paper to your grocery list!
23:16 'yesmum' Cards
24:31 YouTube Channels
27:10 Apps (Cont'd)
28:55 What We Wish We Had
- Filtering options that work on services like Hulu and Netflix
- Better screen time controls
- Devices that let kids know what the limits are for time budgeting
36:03 Genius / Fail Moments
- Chris: Using bribes. (#Genius)
- Josh: Cookbooks! Cooking Class: 57 Fun Recipes Kids Will Love to Make (and Eat!) and Cooking Rocks! by Rachael Ray. (#Genius)
- Allison: Her son and her had a little argument and Allison yelled (#Fail), but then they came together and calmed down and walked away better and unscathed. (#Genius)
Follow & Support
Please follow us @parentdrivendev on Twitter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
We are listener supported. Please consider Supporting us via Patreon and gaining access to our our kind Slack Community.