About this Episode
Parent Driven Development
Episode 049: Arit Amana
01:50 Welcome, Arit!
- Software engineer
- Mother of two, 8 and 3 years-old
- Background in public health
02:50 Panel check-in
- Pandemic times
- Adjustment for the kids, work and home life
- Stress level through the roof
06:20 Childcare Responder Duty while WFH
- The younger the child, the more work required for the parent
- Calendar essential for parent and kids
- Animal crossing is the new obsession and a MUST
18:35 Arit jumps into a new role - Dev Community
- Open source coding
- Async communication style
- Flexible during the day with her youngest child
- Arit’s older son helps by taking care of his school work on his own
23:45 Work-life boundaries
- Allison works few weeks on, to take a day or two off
24:55 Genius / Fail moments
- Arit has success by taking the kids out for a walk after work that get her youngest sleeping through the night #genius
- Kwu’s daughter has some spit up discovered on her crib sheets post nap, unsure of what happened.. #geniusfail
- Chris and his wife are both working longer even though they are not commuting to work and dinner keeps getting pushed back later and later.. 10p late #genius because everyone is aligned even though hours aren’t typical
- Allison has a win by sharing photo journalism with her five-year-old son and keeps him occupied while also sharing some solid knowledge.
### How can I support the podcast?
Please follow us @parentdrivendev on Twitter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community!
*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Parents everywhere are going through so much stress and uncertainty right now. It’s hard to find sources of relief nowadays. This is why we are Parent Driven Development love Nurture Life.
Nurture Life provides nutritious, ready-to-eat meals for babies starting at 10 months old, toddlers, kids, and teens, delivered fresh right to your door. Meals are designed to meet the nutrient and portion needs for each age group, and are developed by Nurture Life’s registered dietitians and chefs.
Meals are focused on organic produce, antibiotic- and hormone-free proteins and whole grains, and offer a FULL serving of veggies in every meal. Nurture Life has recently launched new and exciting meals, such as the Chicken, sweet potato, & waffle finger food for babies and the Butter Chicken with Peas, Rice, & Mini Naan for toddlers, kids, & Teens. In addition to these new offerings, there will also be additional meals that will be available on the menu for a limited time period to continue to provide innovative, flavorful and unique meals options for families.
Nurture Life easy subscription model allows you to sign up for weekly deliveries, skip weeks, or pause your subscription whenever you want. You can build your own box to select the right mix of meals for your family by age group, dietary restrictions, and allergies.
Get the best meals for your kids and family delivered right to your door—available for every zip code across the contiguous United States. Get 30% off your first TWO Nurture Life orders with code PARENTDRIVEN30.
Visit nurturelife.com to redeem and find a moment of relief when it comes to meal time.