Parent Driven Development
Sponsored by: Nurture Life
Episode 049: Arit Amana
01:50 Welcome, Arit!
- Software engineer
- Mother of two, 8 and 3 years-old
- Background in public health
02:50 Panel check-in
- Pandemic times
- Adjustment for the kids, work and home life
- Stress level through the roof
06:20 Childcare Responder Duty while WFH
- The younger the child, the more work required for the parent
- Calendar essential for parent and kids
- Animal crossing is the new obsession and a MUST
18:35 Arit jumps into a new role - Dev Community
- Open source coding
- Async communication style
- Flexible during the day with her youngest child
- Arit’s older son helps by taking care of his school work on his own
23:45 Work-life boundaries
- Allison works few weeks on, to take a day or two off
24:55 Genius / Fail moments
- Arit has success by taking the kids out for a walk after work that get her youngest sleeping through the night #genius
- Kwu’s daughter has some spit up discovered on her crib sheets post nap, unsure of what happened.. #geniusfail
- Chris and his wife are both working longer even though they are not commuting to work and dinner keeps getting pushed back later and later.. 10p late #genius because everyone is aligned even though hours aren’t typical
- Allison has a win by sharing photo journalism with her five-year-old son and keeps him occupied while also sharing some solid knowledge.
### How can I support the podcast?
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community!
*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Summer camp is cancelled and the kids are home and unoccupied. You’re getting tired being a short-order cook...
Nurture Life provides nutritious, ready-to-eat meals for the whole family delivered fresh right to your door. Meals are designed to meet the nutrient and portion needs for each age, so everyone from your 10 month old to your toddler to your grandparent can eat well and stay healthy as we stay home.
With a focus on organic veggies, lean antibiotic- and hormone-free proteins and whole grains, Nurture Life meals offer balanced nutrition you’ll feel proud to serve. From picky eater favorites like Mac & Cheese with Cauliflower to more adventurous options like Teriyaki Salmon with Rainbow Veggie Rice, you can get flavorful variety to satisfy all palates and appetites.
To try Nurture Life, you can sign up for weekly deliveries that start at just $39, and build your own box to select the right mix of meals for your family. Skip weeks or cancel anytime to fit your ever changing needs and schedule.
Get the best meals for your kids and family delivered right to your door—available for every zip code across the contiguous United States. Take 25% off your first Nurture Life order with code PARENTDRIVEN. Visit nurturelife.com to try out easy, nutritious meals for your kids and you.