About this Episode
Parent Driven Development
Episode 050: Agile Household with Yvonne Marcus
Yvonne is a home system strategist, mom of two, lover of Girl Scout cookies, cake, craving song parodies and getting outdoors with the family. She is on a mission to revolutionize everyones view of #MomLife. She is the creator of your Agile Home, a four-week course that looks to get your family together, feel like a valued member of the team, instilling autonomy and having fun!
00:50 Welcome, Yvonne Marcus
- Background in TV production
- How Agile Home came about
- Bringing Agile into her home
- Establishing family values
07:10 When and how is Agile executed in Yvonne’s house?
- WFH, toddlers and setting values
- Run as SCRUM
- The sprint process, and day-to-day process
10:40 Are the kids involved?
- Daily SCRUM board: white board + Scrum board home toolset
- They participate in bi-weekly check in
- Dance party and breaks are essential
13:09 Accountability without the nagging
- Assignments to the person with the more strengths in that specific area
14:45 How do we get skeptical families on board?
- Start with the daily stand-up
- Start on your own, showcase success, then show those with doubts
18:50 Quarantine times
- Get rid of #MomGuilt !
20:00 Genius / Fail moments
- Kwu’s children have both fallen to the ground from various chairs in the past week… #fail
- Chris Sexton and his wife didn't have any troubles with a PDD Twitter poll.. #win
- Arit creates a schedule for her son for his Zoom class and school work after realizing her son kept coming to her with every question #geniusfail
- Chris Arcand’s son is starting to say anything and everything he feels. Sassiness to come #fail
- Yvonne becomes the fun mom by dying her kids hair #genius
- Allison and her partner create space for “virtual travel” for her to prepare for GitHub’s satellite conference #genius
### How can I support the podcast?
Please follow us @parentdrivendev on Twitter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community!
*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Preschool Box
Hey parents, whether you are going back to school or learning from home, the Preschool Box is here to help!
The Preschool Box is all about helping children unlock their potential by making learning FUN!
Each month, The Preschool Box will send you a box packed full of engaging and educational activities with a focus on reading and math skills that will prepare your little one for success in school. It’s AMAZING!
These monthly “work at your own pace” activities encourage learning, reading, and creativity in kiddos ages 3-6 and each box has an array of hands on activities, crafts, and worksheets -- which you can structure to match your child’s pace and level of development!
And the best part is that every box has a set of focus skills so each month you get new and exciting material to work on!
The work you do at home NOW with your kids is SO important for their future!
Let The Preschool Box help you and your child have fun learning together!
Head over right now to:
and use code "PARENTDRIVEN" to get $5 off your first preschool box!