About this Episode
Parent Driven Development
Episode 057: Virtual School
03:04 Welcome to Parent Driven Development
03:30 Virtual school with school age children
- Kindergarten, middle school, high school
- Missing out on the life experiences
- Pros and cons
05:25 Exposure to other students
- Not enough time to build up relationships within the zoom chats
- Teachers stepping up to engage the kids with each other and in class
- Tough in kindergarten because the kids can’t break off without a teacher
11:29 Less the supervising time on virtual school
- First week, very hands on, but less and less over time
- Kids have learned to adapt quite quickly
14:00 Extra hands to help
- Parents can do work, but not focused work while supervising zoom school
- Extra help definitely makes a difference
- Losing track of how to turn in assignments for middle/highschoolers
- No take home HW for kindergarten
- State assessments
- Perk - you can rewatch the class video if you have questions
21:45 Teacher Props!
- Yoga and stretch breaks
- Partner reads
- Side chats
- Parent updates
25:00 Is life better with zoom school?
- Allison is satisfied with the cards dealt, but mourns the first day of school memories
- Chris thinks in some ways, it’s better
30:15 Genius / fail moments
- Chris figures out how to turn facetime back on his son’s devices, but has to keep track of his use.. #genius/fail
- Allison plans her move around the time of year her kids would need to change seasonal clothes. Less work, more organized #genius
How can I support the podcast?
Please follow us @parentdrivendev on Twitter or email us at email@example.com.
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Parents everywhere are going through so much stress and uncertainty right now. It’s hard to find sources of relief nowadays. This is why we are Parent Driven Development love Nurture Life.
Nurture Life provides nutritious, ready-to-eat meals for babies starting at 10 months old, toddlers, kids, and teens, delivered fresh right to your door. Meals are designed to meet the nutrient and portion needs for each age group, and are developed by Nurture Life’s registered dietitians and chefs.
Meals are focused on organic produce, antibiotic- and hormone-free proteins and whole grains, and offer a FULL serving of veggies in every meal. Nurture Life has recently launched new and exciting meals, such as the Chicken, sweet potato, & waffle finger food for babies and the Butter Chicken with Peas, Rice, & Mini Naan for toddlers, kids, & Teens. In addition to these new offerings, there will also be additional meals that will be available on the menu for a limited time period to continue to provide innovative, flavorful and unique meals options for families.
Nurture Life easy subscription model allows you to sign up for weekly deliveries, skip weeks, or pause your subscription whenever you want. You can build your own box to select the right mix of meals for your family by age group, dietary restrictions, and allergies.
Get the best meals for your kids and family delivered right to your door—available for every zip code across the contiguous United States. Get 30% off your first TWO Nurture Life orders with code PARENTDRIVEN30.
Visit nurturelife.com to redeem and find a moment of relief when it comes to meal time.
The Preschool Box
Hey parents, whether you are going back to school or learning from home, the Preschool Box is here to help!
The Preschool Box is all about helping children unlock their potential by making learning FUN!
Each month, The Preschool Box will send you a box packed full of engaging and educational activities with a focus on reading and math skills that will prepare your little one for success in school. It’s AMAZING!
These monthly “work at your own pace” activities encourage learning, reading, and creativity in kiddos ages 3-6 and each box has an array of hands on activities, crafts, and worksheets -- which you can structure to match your child’s pace and level of development!
And the best part is that every box has a set of focus skills so each month you get new and exciting material to work on!
The work you do at home NOW with your kids is SO important for their future!
Let The Preschool Box help you and your child have fun learning together!
Head over right now to:
and use code "PARENTDRIVEN" to get $5 off your first preschool box!