About this Episode
Parent Driven Development
Episode 052: Taking Breaks
02:16 Taking breaks as a parent, how have you been coping?
- Is everyone taking breaks?
- Chris breaks with home projects
- Allison opts for a few full days off, rather than breaking during her day
- KWu dives into Downton Abbey
07:32 Productive breaks
- Increasing your home ROI
- Decreasing internet time during “breaks”
- Home improvements
09:15 A break crisis!
- Dinner Time chaos
- How syncing self care time with business trips is no longer an option
- Making an intention plan for a stay-cation
15:35 Planning for fun
- Animal Crossing
- Making lists
18:43 Choosing not to make the adult decision
- Binging on a novel late at night
- Sometimes choosing the wrong thing is the right decision
23:25 Genius / Fail moments
- Chris shares his parents-only “secret food” with the kids #genius
- Allison spooks her kids by hiding from them after they don’t want to go along with their normal bedtime routine and it was a major success #genius
- KWu says yes in the moment but wasn’t actually prepared for her son to join her in the kitchen.. #fail
How can I support the podcast?
Please follow us @parentdrivendev on Twitter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community!
*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are your kids tired of looking at Zoom all day? Keep learning fun and hands-on this school year with Wonder Crate. Wonder Crate is a subscription box created by a former educator to introduce kids to inspirational role models, sparks curiosity and connects kids to their own possibilities. Each monthly kit comes to your doorstep with a book AND fun hands-on activities to educate, entertain and empower!
In our September box kids will read about Marie Curie and discover how this brilliant young girl who loved math and physics became the first woman to win a Nobel Prize. Then they will perform their own experiments with magnets and magnetic slime. Get ready to be inspired! Head on over to wondercratekids.com and use code PARENTDRIVEN to get 25% off your first box.
The Preschool Box
Hey parents, whether you are going back to school or learning from home, the Preschool Box is here to help!
The Preschool Box is all about helping children unlock their potential by making learning FUN!
Each month, The Preschool Box will send you a box packed full of engaging and educational activities with a focus on reading and math skills that will prepare your little one for success in school. It’s AMAZING!
These monthly “work at your own pace” activities encourage learning, reading, and creativity in kiddos ages 3-6 and each box has an array of hands on activities, crafts, and worksheets -- which you can structure to match your child’s pace and level of development!
And the best part is that every box has a set of focus skills so each month you get new and exciting material to work on!
The work you do at home NOW with your kids is SO important for their future!
Let The Preschool Box help you and your child have fun learning together!
Head over right now to:
and use code "PARENTDRIVEN" to get $5 off your first preschool box!