Parent Driven Development
Episode 021: Self-Care For Parents
00:25 Defining Self-Care
- Refilling your energy bucket.
- Taking care of your human body.
- Parenting yourself.
04:50 Flexible Sleep and Work Schedules
- Treating yourself with respect and kindness.
- Doing things for the good of the family.
10:56 Parenting Identities
- Time spent caregiving vs adulting.
- Having different strengths as parents.
- Having a network of "other" parents and families. "Intentional Community."
17:24 Specific Self-Care Suggestions
- Setting your environment.
- Having non-distracting routines and activities.
- Creative outlets: Music, etc.
27:05 Being Okay with Kids Temporary Unhappiness and Discomfort
- Yes Spaces.
- Ignoring tantrums.
30:49 Genius / Fail Moments
- KWu: Her son called her Mama!! (#Genius)
- Chris: Teaching his kids sarcasm. (#Genius)
- Jess: Teaching her son to use Google Home to tell him jokes! (#Genius)
- Mandy: Mazie's first chorus concert. (#Genius)
Follow & Support
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community.