Parent Driven Development
Episode 019: Being Adults
00:25 Welcome, Jonan Scheffler!
We recorded this episode live and in-person at this year's RubyConf in Los Angeles.
01:09 Catching Up On Sleep, Spending Time with Friends, and Spending Spousal Points
- Conferences are NOT vacations, y'all!
- Traveling as a job.
- Being present at home.
- Partying is WORK.
11:16 Communicating to Loved Ones at Home
- Facetiming, calling, audio messaging.
18:50 Going Home / Reentry to the Parenting World
25:04 It Takes a Village... Support Systems When Away
29:30 Self-Care While Away
- Movies on the plane!
- Room service!
- Fancy coffee!
32:34 Genius / Fail Moments
- Allison: Her son drew her a picture "so Mommy doesn't scream as much". (#Fail); Attending an anger management for parents of small children class. (#Genius)
- Mandy: Forgot to download things to her devices on the way to LA! (#Fail)
- Josh: Mistook a sprained ankle for growing pains. (#Fail)
- KWu: Mistook roseola for windburn! (#Fail)
- Jonan: Ruined waffles for his kids. (#Fail)
- Andy: His daughter learned how to swim! (#Genius)
Follow & Support
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community.