Parent Driven Development
Episode 025: Girls in STEM
00:34 Why Joulez?
- Getting girls and women engaged in technology
- Lending opportunity for girls in the 8-12 age bracket
- The Juelez Formula:
06:05 Designing Into Motivation
- Fixed vs Growth Mindset
- Tufts University Center for Engineering Education and Outreach
- Marrying fun and education
- Programming and Computer Programming
15:35 How can parents help?
- Building with them
- Expanding contexts in which we engage children in STEM
- Where are the toys that build empathy in boys?
- Providing opportunity for people of all sorts
- As a society we have a lot of unlearning to do
33:41 Genius / Fail Moments
- Chris: Snow day stress and frustration. (#Fail)
- Jess: Providing printed pictures for her son (due to his lack of having access electronically)! (#Genius)
- KWu: Buying a "Baby's First Chinese New Year" book....when it was his second. (#Fail)
- Stephanie: Extensive troubleshooting...when it was just a loose pin. (#Fail) Lesson learned? Troubleshooting is important! (#Genius)
Follow & Support
Our website is at ParentDrivenDevelopment.com.
Support us via Patreon and get access to our our Slack Community.